Wholesome Fruit & Seeds Loaf
By Kelly Fielding
This is the perfect wholesome loaf for winter time! It is choc-full of delicious nuts, seeds and dried fruits and is divine with a hot cup of tea on those cozy mornings. It is lovely fresh or is also great toasted with a smear of coconut oil. Enjoy!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of chopped almonds
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 tbs quinoa seeds
- 1 tbs golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tbs whole flaxseeds
- ½ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup chopped crystalised ginger
- 5 dried apricots chopped
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 2 tbs organic goji berries
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Add the seeds, nuts and dried fruit and mix well.
- Add the water and coconut oil and mix well to combine.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool before slicing.
Author: Kelly Fielding
Kelly is a passionate writer and raw/vegan chef who combines her love of writing with her forays into health and wellness. Kelly has traveled and worked extensively across the world in health resorts, detox centers, raw food restaurants and wellness retreats, sharing ways to live simply, mindfully and sustainably.
Her work is regularly published on several online journals as well as her own website ‘Bella and Bhakti’ which offers information about plant-based living, vibrant nourishing recipes as well as inspiration to encourage others to share their own passions and dreams. A gypsy heart and lover of nature, Kelly finds inspiration in the world around her and translates her visions into whimsical stories and edible creations.