No Bake Energy Bars
By Liz Lemieux
With only 3 basic ingredients topped up your favourite nuts, seeds and dried fruit, this recipe is a great one to keep in mind when you are pressed with time. No need to bake allow for the bars to keep their maximum nutrient quality. Excellent for breakfast, snack or post-workout treat.
- 2 cups organic rolled past (or quinoa flakes)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flower nectar
- 1/2 natural crunchy peanut butter, room temperature (or any of your favourite nut butter - Tahini works great!)
- 2 Tbs organic chia seeds
- 1 cup your favourite nuts/seeds/dried fruit (e.g. dried cranberries, cashews, flaxseed, pepitas, sunflower seeds, etc.)
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until the mixture is homogeneous and sticky.
2. Spread the mixture in a square baking pan. Press firmly to make it compact.
3. Leave in the fridge overnight or until the bars are solid.
4. Cut lenghtwise and in halves and savour each bite of it!
Best conserved in the fridge et consumed within 3-5 days.
Author: Liz Lemieux
Liz is originally from Quebec, Canada and grew up leading an active outdoors life. A qualified yoga instructor and a graduate of Mcgill University in Business, Liz is passionate about health, sustainability and social entrepreneurship. Besides yoga, she enjoys surfing, outdoors, cooking, and planning her next travel adventure. Liz manages the marketing and social media at Coconut Magic. You can learn more about Liz at GC Corporate Yoga.