Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
By Kelly Fielding
Easter is just around the corner! There is no better way to celebrate than starting the day with this healthy delicious chocolate smoothie. The cacao, maca and mesquite work to offer the body a wonderful energy boost as well as balance hormones and blood sugar. Avoid the crash of sugar-filled chocolates this Easter and nourish your body with natures best treats.
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas chopped
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon organic maca powder
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
- ½ teaspoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon coconut flower nectar
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- ¾ cup of coconut or almond milk
What to do:
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth or creamy. You may add a little more almond/coconut milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy with a smile!
*If you wish to throw a handful of leafy greens in this smoothie for some added green goodness, feel free- it will still taste just as good!
Author: Kelly Fielding
Kelly is a passionate writer and raw/vegan chef who combines her love of writing with her forays into health and wellness. Kelly has traveled and worked extensively across the world in health resorts, detox centers, raw food restaurants and wellness retreats, sharing ways to live simply, mindfully and sustainably.
Her work is regularly published on several online journals as well as her own website ‘Bella and Bhakti’ which offers information about plant-based living, vibrant nourishing recipes as well as inspiration to encourage others to share their own passions and dreams. A gypsy heart and lover of nature, Kelly finds inspiration in the world around her and translates her visions into whimsical stories and edible creations.