Coconut & Chia Herbed Crackers
By Jenni Madison
These easy tasty coconut chia crackers are great to accompany your favourite dips or to enjoy simply by themselves!
serves: 6 | prep time: 5min | cook: 10min
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic chia seed meal (grind chia in coffee grinder or blender. Store in jar).
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup hot water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 180C (355F).
- Using a whisk or fork, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Add the coconut oil.
- Add the hot water a little at a time, stirring as you go. Mix well with a spoon, stirring and mashing out any lumps.
- Once the dough forms into a ball, place it on a baking paper-lined tray and roll out. You can use parchment paper under your rolling pin to prevent sticking.
- Keep rolling your dough until it is as thin as you can't without tearing it.
- Slice into squares with a pizza cutter.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 min, or until crackers are crispy and brown.
Author: Jenni Madison
Jenni started Coconut Magic when she returned from living in Thailand in 2011. Whilst abroad, Jenni had discovered the most amazing quality of coconut oil and experienced her own health transformation. Jenni returned with very little other than her coconut oil discovery and a desire to share it with the world. Just a few months after her return coconut oil and a whole new perception of well being started to become 'rediscovered' in the west. People were looking for clean, pure and sustainable, health products. People were eager to learn about health food, raw food and healing with plant based nutrition. Based on this, along side Jenni's passion to share what she had discovered in the East, the company grew fast.
Coconut Magic is committed to bringing you the highest quality coconut products, backed by sustainable, fairly traded production, and well being education.
Find author Jenni Madison on Google+