Raw Lemon & Blueberry Slice
By Julia Lette
A nutritious combination of coconuts, nuts, dates, lemon and blueberries makes this dessert irresistible. This lemon and blueberry slice will definitely bring sunny vibes in your kitchen!
Makes 16 pieces
- 1 ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup organic coconut flakes
- ½ - 1 tbsp lemon zest (depending on how zesty you like it)
- 3 fresh Medjool dates
- 2 tbs virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup virgincoconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/3 cup organic coconut nectar
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
What To Do:
1. For the crust, place the almonds and shredded coconut into a food processor and process until a fine crumb is formed.
2. Add the lemon zest, dates and coconut oil and process until well combined.
3. Press crust firmly into a 22cm square cake tin.
4. Place the base into the freezer while you make the filling.
5. For the filling, process all ingredients except for the blueberries in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour the filling onto the crust and tap out air bubbles.
7. Scatter the blueberries over the filling and press a few deeper down into the slice.
8. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours until firm.
9. When ready to slice, leave at room temperature for 20-30 minutes prior to slicing.
Author: Julia Lette
Julia Lette is a qualified Personal Trainer, Raw Cake Creator, Health & Wellness Coach and Lifestyle Writer. She has been working in the health and fitness industry since 2009 and is the founder and owner of Gaia Wellness. Julia’s true passion lies in helping others become the best version of themselves and she uses this passion to help her clients achieve their health and fitness goals. She is currently studying a Bachelor of Health Sciences in Naturopathy and looks forward to becoming a qualified Naturopath and incorporating herbal medicine into her holistic approach to health and wellness in 2017. Julia can be contacted via or through her website www.gaiawellness.com.au