Black Tahini, Mocha Fudge
By Kelly Fielding
Tasty fudge recipe, high in calcium and protein, and the perfect little snack for the coming of cooler months!
- 1 cup of pumpkins seeds
- 1/3 cup of hazlenuts
- 1 cup of organic flaked coconut
- ½ cup of quinoa flakes
- 1 tablespoon of organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee
- a good pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of organic cacao powder
- 1 cup of soft dates
- 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup of black tahini
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut nectar
What to do:
- Place all of the dry ingredients in the base of your food processer- pumpkin seeds, hazlenuts, coconut, quinoa flakes, chia seeds, seseame seeds, coffee, salt and cacao powder- and pulse a few times to break everything down slightly.
- Add in the dates, coconut oil, tahini and coconut nectar and process until the mix comes together and holds together well.
- Transfer the mixture to a slice tin lined with baking paper and smooth out evenly.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set and then slice into squares or bars.
- The fudge will keep up to a week in the fridge.
Author: Kelly Fielding
Kelly is a passionate writer and raw/vegan chef who combines her love of writing with her forays into health and wellness. Kelly has traveled and worked extensively across the world in health resorts, detox centers, raw food restaurants and wellness retreats, sharing ways to live simply, mindfully and sustainably.
Her work is regularly published on several online journals as well as her own website ‘Bella and Bhakti’ which offers information about plant-based living, vibrant nourishing recipes as well as inspiration to encourage others to share their own passions and dreams. A gypsy heart and lover of nature, Kelly finds inspiration in the world around her and translates her visions into whimsical stories and edible creations.