Dark Chocolate Dipped Crunch Bites
By Nicole Frain
Only a handful of nuts and seeds make for these delicious chocolate covered crunch bites! This recipe is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
Makes: 6 bites
- 50g chopped raw cashews
- 50g raw unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- 3 tbs sesame seeds (25g)
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbs (10g) flax seeds
- 2 tbs organic peanut butter
- 15g buckinis
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs organic coconut flower nectar
- 1 tbs organic virgin coconut oil - melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Organic virgin coconut oil
What To Do:
- Optional: Toast cashews, coconut, sesame seeds, flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds until golden. Allow to cool completely. Remove 1-2 tbs of mix and set aside. Alternatively, you can combine all ingredients raw.
1. Melt the coconut oil, coconut nectar & peanut butter and stir well to combine with salt and vanilla essence.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Take 6x cupcake or muffins cases and press mix into them. *Damp fingertips will help prevent the mix sticking.*
4. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
5. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together and mix well (You can mix as little or as much as you wish!)
6. Remove the cupcakes out of the cases and carefully dip the tops into the chocolate.
7. Turn right back up and allow to set.
8. Top with some of the nuts & seeds mix you set aside at the beginning.
Best stored in the fridge and enjoyed within 1 week.
Energy (Kj): 1070/2390 | Protein (g): 10/22 | Fat (g): 20.3/45 | Fat (sat) (g): 8.9/19.8 | Carbohydrate (g): 7.5/16.7 | Sugar (g): 3.4/7.5 | Sodium (mg): 107/239
Author: Nicole Frain
Nicole Frain developed Clean Treats in November 2013 to help share with people her passion for a healthy lifestyle. She works in the protein and supplement industry and has previously competed in fitness modelling competitions. She is a lover of getting outdoors to enjoy the Tasmanian environment and is constantly working on developing her expertise as a personal trainer.