Chocolate Brownie Bites
By Nicole Frain
Here is one creative way to savour your favorite chocolate brownie and turn it into sweet bites instead!
Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Makes: 12 squares
- 2 tbs organic coconut oil - melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs flaxseed + 3 tbs water)
- 60g dark sugar free chocolate - melted
- 15g organic coconut nectar
- 2tsp organic cacao powder
- 20g hazelnut or almond meal
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 60g chopped hazelnuts
What To Do:
1. Set oven to 160 degrees celsius.
2. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl. Make a well in the middle and add all wet ingredients. Whisk to combine.
3. Pour mix into lined tin. Bake for about 15minutes and check. Its ready when the center is set. (If you like fudgey brownies take them out a little earlier!)
Chocolate Brownie Bites Recipe
- 2/4 cup baked brownie crumbs (from recipe above)
- 1 tbs organic coconut oil – melted
- 1/2 tbs organic coconut nectar
- 1/2 tbs organic cacao powder
- 1 tbs organic shredded coconut
- 1-2 tbs almond meal
- 1 tbs almond milk
What To Do:
- Simply add all ingredients together and mix with a spoon to a sticky mix.
- Roll into bites, through coconut or almond meal and store in the fridge for up to 1 week!.
Nutritional information for brownies only
Per serve (37g) / per 100g
Energy (Kj): 612/1640 | Protein (g): 7.1/18.9 | Fat (g): 9.6/25.8 | Saturated Fat (g): 4.4/11.8 | Carbohydrates (g): 6.2/16.6 | Sugar (g): 0.5/1.2 | Sodium (mg): 118/315
Author: Nicole Frain
Nicole Frain developed Clean Treats in November 2013 to help share with people her passion for a healthy lifestyle. She works in the protein and supplement industry and has previously competed in fitness modelling competitions. She is a lover of getting outdoors to enjoy the Tasmanian environment and is constantly working on developing her expertise as a personal trainer.